World's Leading Brokerage Firm Saves "Estimated $3.6 Million" in Storage Costs
This Fortune 500 company is a leading financial brokerage firm in both retail and wholesale financial markets, offering services for private, institutional, and government clients, such as mutual fund, insurance, annuity, trust, brokerage, banking, and clearing services.
- Increase legacy hardware utilization
- Eliminate stale and unnecessary files on primary and mirrored DASD
- Audit HSM to reduce mirrored storage requirements
- Improve forecasting of future storage hardware purchases
TSF Professional — zSeries:
- Identified 10 terabytes of wasted space on primary DASD containing stale files
- Reclaimed 20 terabytes of primary and mirrored DASD for a savings of $3.6M over 5 years
- Improved capacity planning; ability to time acquisitions reduced average cost per MB
Leading Human Resources Company "Saves More Than $300,000/year in Storage Management FTE Costs"
This leading Human Resources Service company serves more then 500,000 clients around the world. Providing employer services and securities transaction processing, this outsourcing firm is the world's leading provider of computerized transaction processing.
- Centralize storage management of all local and remote S/390 and AIX platforms
- Automate storage tasks to reduce FTE costs
- Implement consistent best-practices across all remote IT centers
- Centralize and aggregate reporting across all remote IT centers
TSF Disk Manager:
- Reduced by 30% Storage Management FTEs
- Centralized storage administration for all remote IT centers allows for an 8% increase in DASD utilization
- Implemented consistent HSM migration practices to reduce batch window, with a 6% reduction in tape mounts
Leading IT Consulting and Outsourcing Firm "Increases Tape Utilization 22%"
This Fortune 500 IT consulting and outsourcing firm provides clients with a wide array of services such as application development, consulting, network design, systems integration, and managed storage services.
- Increase spare-tape capacity to handle new workloads
- Reduce annual tape robotic and media costs
- Increase tape media and slot utilization
- Address downtime caused by unnecessary tape mounts and S522 abends
- Reduce performance impact on service levels when new tape workloads are introduced
TSF Tape Manager:
- Increased tape utilization (at peak time) by 22% daily and 31% during month-end processing
- Reduced HSM RECYCLE activity by 28%
- Eliminated completely all S522 abends
- Reduced tape cartridge inventory (slots) by 19% for 3480 and 32% for 3490/3590
- Improved batch run times where tape is needed by 16% to 21%