TSF Disk Manager delivers the most comprehensive solution available for managing mainframe DASD, HSM and Catalog storage.
TSF Disk Manager, an integrated component of TSF Professional — zSeries, provides an automated suite of z/OS DASD and DASD dataset management solutions that monitor, detect, analyze, and resolve issues that threaten storage availability. TSF Disk Manager makes it possible to quickly and easily address vital storage management functions such as capacity planning, space utilization, catalog efficiency, SMS categorization and storage audits. TSF Disk Manager enables enterprises to proactively manage their storage and automate routine storage tasks. Utilization of TSF Disk Manager results in reduced costs, increased efficiency, lower risk and a higher ROI.
TSF Disk Manager enables you to:
- Centralize storage management of zSeries storage inventory across all CPUs in all geographic locations.
- Monitor real-time, in-depth views of physical and logical storage objects, 24/7.
- Visualize and create custom reports using DASD, VSAM, SMS, HSM and catalog information.
- Sort, filter, and drill-down within layered reporting of storage and dataset inventory and optimization.
- Analyze trends for detailed capacity planning by storage group, application, business unit, volume or system using tools such as graphing, forecasting, and predictive modeling.
- Identify potential catalog issues before they become business problems by thoroughly analyzing data structures, index integrity, and BCS/VVDS synchronization.
- Protect data with proactive management and automation of tasks for critical storage assets.
- Monitor performance and system health with the knowledge issues can be addressed from any place, any time.
- Identify and address hotspots in mainframe storage.
TSF Disk Manager includes utilities for:
Catalog Management - Provides detailed reporting and analysis of your z/OS Catalog resulting in reduced time performing z/OS catalog maintenance, accelerated recovery and repair time for lost or damaged catalogs, and automates activity that has occurred since the last backup.
Comparison Analysis - Provides trending and capacity planning detailed "point-in-time" information by storage group, application (logical pool), volume serial number, and individual datasets.
UNIX File Systems Analysis - Features monitoring and auditing capability for UNIX files (HFS files) residing in the z/OS environment track or report on UNIX files by path name, entry name, mount status, size, date of last reference, and modification date.
- IBM z/OS (All IBM supported versions)