|TSF Professional™ — zSeries
TSF Professional — zSeries delivers the most comprehensive solution available for managing and automating mainframe Disk, Tape, HSM and Catalog storage.
The value of true enterprise Storage Resource Management (SRM) is immense. From a single, easy-to-use point of control, TSF Professional — zSeries simplifies the administration and management of mainframe storage resources across the entire enterprise.
TSF Professional — zSeries helps you plan more effectively, lower administration costs, and puts you in control of your storage environment. Its reliable, easy-to-use centralized administration improves storage utilization of your existing storage assets, automates repetitive tasks, and helps control future storage expenditures through accurate trending and forecasting of storage growth.
TSF Professional — zSeries is a unified solution. It maximizes the value of your storage network in all phases of storage management: assessment, monitoring, configuration, allocation, and planning and is totally hardware and platform independent.
TSF Professional — zSeries enables you to:
- Manage all z/OS storage resources from a common interface. This easy to use interface provides Detail and Summary reporting, History and Trending capabilities as well as Saved User Views and print publishing facilities.
- Schedule major collections of data on z/OS with TSF Subsystem
- Process automation IF statements against data collected within the z/OS environment to determine whether further actions are deemed necessary
- Capture history data in the TSF suite for views and graphs within the interface
- Visualize and create custom reports using DASD, VSAM, SMS, HSM and catalog information.
- Interrogate valid and non-valid entries in the storage subsystems to quickly detect invalid status and submit corrective action
- Control batch or scripted actions against the selected objects
- View an application set of data that spans all media types (disk, tape, hsm) within the z/OS storage environment
- Define logical groups of data (dynamic groups) based on how the organization report on business units can now dynamically reflect changes of the data usage patterns. Groups may have alerts setup through TSF when thresholds are violated and automatically issue warnings.
- Apply policies against groups, for example, apply a policy to a group to email a warning when the group contains more than 2,000 files
- Provide accurate reporting of Volume mounts when collecting data from complex RAID or striping environments
- IBM z/OS (All IBM supported versions)